Exhibiting at Galleria d'Arte
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Shows must be installed and taken down during business hours (Wed.-Sat., 11 am to 5 pm) whenever possible. If you must work outside of our open hours, please let us know so we can arrange for a staff member to be present.
- Each work of art must arrive labeled with Name, email address, phone number, Title, Media, Retail Price
Galleria d'Arte (GDA) retains a 20% commission on gallery sales.
- Works must be picked up/shipped out within 10 days of the end of the show.
- Abandoned – Works left at GDA 60 days after the last day of the exhibition will be considered “abandoned” and become the property of GDA. GDA will sell, donate, or dispose of abandoned works with zero compensation to the artist.
GALLERIA D'ARTE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Press Release to local and state media, internet outlets & event calendars
- Promo on www.galleriadeart.com (photo & press release)
- Email Invitation to subscribers
- Social media promotion via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube
- Assistance with installation GDA Exhibition Committee members can help install on Saturdays and between college semesters. 1-2 staff members can help Tuesday through Friday, 11 am to 5 pm.
- Labels for Artwork
- Title Wall Vinyl
- Reception – GDA exhibitions open with 2nd Saturday Art in the Plaza.
- GDA gallery are open Tuesday.-Sat., 11 am to 5 pm, 2nd Saturday Art Walk until 9 pm, and for special receptions and events.
ARTIST / CURATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Email the following to Info@galleriadeart.com 8 weeks before opening:
- Exhibition Title
- Bio and Statement
- 2-3 Photos of Artwork
- List of Works being exhibited. Include title, media, dimensions, retail price (retail price includes commission), and a brief description of all works are the same size and similar imagery.
- Transport and Deliver artwork to and from the gallery
- Install Artwork, when possible. Exhibition Committee assists when available.
- Dismantle Show. Exhibition Committee assists when available (weekend).
- Exhibiting artists are encouraged to publicize their show beyond GDA’s efforts – Send Press Release to hometown media outlets, Share Facebook events and other Social Media
- If you provide an Excel file (or another spreadsheet) of your own mailing list, we can add them to our Bulk e-mail newsletter. Email this to us when you send the above show information.
COLLEGE STUDENT EXHIBITIONS:
Due to the educational emphasis of BFA, MA, MFA exhibitions, all aspects of exhibition preparation and installation must be completed by the student. Like shows held on campus, student artists are required to design their own postcards, title-wall vinyl, print materials, and to write their own press releases. GDA assists with printing postcards, banners, and vinyl, and provides publicity via social media, website promotion, and email invitations. However, students are strongly encouraged to do their own promotion, as well, to learn various avenues to promote themselves. Openings occur in conjunction with Art in the Plaza, like other GDA shows.